Wednesday, April 17, 2013

In search of peace




My youngest bought us the bone covering for our recent wedding anniversary, 17 years...yay us!

My son has a gift for finding fallen bird egg shells. He's also found 4 of the 6 small nests I have (above and below.)


Who knew tobacco flowers were so pretty?
My eldest girl painted me the birds for Christmas.
The God's Eye is from Mardi Gras.


I find myself creating little scenes like these ones, my life is turbulent and I need peace.
Is it an oxymoron that in this time of darkness that I find myself making happy spots? 
Self-medicating.
The black dog yaps, still, it never goes but so far I have it on it's leash.

My daughters surgery was due to be this coming Tuesday but it got postponed, leaving me in free fall. 
At least I've realized now that I don't have to keep falling.
YES, My home IS my nest and so I create these areas that I love and that bring the calm and peace I search for.

This one greets me and all our visitors at the front door....






Be well, be blessed.
Lisa

1 comment:

Caterina Giglio said...

thank you for sharing these beautiful vignettes that exude peace and love... x