Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On a cold and sunny winters day...

We had family stay on the weekend and it was fantastic to take a walk around "The Mount" together. It was actually the second time in a week I'd done this walk but the first time I only got a few pics as we were doing school work!
You know I was doing my (quiet) happy dance being able to get this close the shag!

From the cliff where the shag was. Beautiful day!


You can't tell from my daughter's shorts but it was freezing cold when I took these! It is winter here!
You probably recognise these hands....

Taken from the rocks on the beach. Mount Mauganui is in the background.

Nearly out of light for the day and frozen by the wind we headed home, happy and hungry!

Below is a pic taken earlier in the week from the same walking track. Two of my kids doing math (algebra and decimals) from the look out. The joys of teaching at home!


It's nearly the end of term, only 2 and a half weeks to go...and that means soon I will be able to do lots of art and visit lots of blogs! Wahoo!
Miss ya's!

4 comments:

Mick said...

Well, I'm not trying to make it a competition but, Lisa, you'll need to define freezing cold for me in spite of your daughter's hearty outlook on the weather. :)

Anyway, it's sunny and warm and humid here ... just the opposite of your weather, obviously.

Deborah said...

What a beautiful place to be!

Debrina said...

Hi Lisa - I think I commented on these on F/Bk? Lovely shots. I bet you were doing your happy dance around that shag, ha ha. My sister lives at the mount and this is why she loves it.

india flint said...

What a magical spot!