Monday, November 30, 2009

Wahoo! Some f.AB.ulous mail has arrived!




Lisa Jurist's absolutely fabulous Pulp Redux AB has arrived at my place! Her book has many wonderful layers and elements and is aptly themed: Roots. Beneath the Layers. Please go and check out Lisa's wonderful book on her blog "Mudhound Studio" as this cover photo is just a hint of what's inside! There was also a lovely suprise tucked in with the parcel which you can see below...the contents won't be revealed just yet (so I won't ruin the surprise for the other players) but I will say it's a fabulous Lisa Jurist collage and it will be treasured forever!


This book is going to be at my house until early Feb just so that no-one in this swap has the commitment over Christmas, but even though I have ages I couldn't resist a little play today. Below are a few of the things from my stash that are going to be used somewhere on the spread I am doing for Lisa, I will of course be adding papers to that pile!



I got 3 frames at the 2nd hand shop for a bargain price of 50c each...what luck! I took the frame apart and dyed the fabric with a strong brew of tea (it was white like the one next to it) and I also dyed the creamy coloured thread with tea. The altered version of the fabric from the frame that I've shown below is just the start of what I envision it being, there are beads and lovely things to go on there yet!


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Lisa, WOW..i just LOVE your vision and plan with those lovely goodies...i know it will be fabulously spectacular..i only wish I didn't have to wait so long to see it in person! It's really very exciting to see my book on your blog!! ;)

I just spent yesterday afternoon myself dying and baking fabric in coffee and walnut ink.

Caterina Giglio said...

wow! this is just a gorgeous book too and your bits will be wonderful in this book!

John M. Mora said...

The top one is quite a work - I like your framed tea porcess - all my best.

Seth said...

I can not get enough of your collaborative books. Truly amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

wow!! how did i miss this!?? i know it's because i have been so busy with my mum's birthday present and my gramma being in the hospital... but i feel badly none the less. this is all such gorgeousness! i love all of the treasures you have collected for her book! you are amazing, lady!!